frequently asked questions:
(English) What to do before an item is lost
Get a «ReturnID!» item. Period!
- You will substantially increase the chances of getting a lost item back.
- Attach the key tags to your keys, put the provided stickers on your phone and/or tablet.
(English) What to do after an item is lost?
Keep calm and carry on—and check your e-mail frequently. (Also your spam folder!)
The chance that a finder successfully reports the found item has risen exponentially thanks to the ‘ReturnID!’ code on your item.Back to Index
(English) Why it works
It always works, because a code sticker or code key tag is commonsense low-tech, anonymous and easy to understand:
- Rather than reveal your address or phone number, you simply tag your items with an anonymous code. Your privacy and anonymity are preserved.
- The sticker on your phone even works when your phone’s battery is empty. We all know that smartphone batteries tend to die when you need them most…
- It even works when your phone is gesture/pin code/password protected, as it should be.
Honest finders will be able to contact you via the website, thanks to the code sticker.
Thanks to the ubiquity of the internet and smartphones, it is very likely that the finder of an item you lost contacts you within hours.Back to Index
(English) Can I change my data later?
You can change your data anytime:
- First click on the ‘My Code’-button in the navigation-bar at the very top of the website.
Then enter your code and PIN.
- In case you forgot your PIN, just click on the ‘Forgot your PIN’ link below the form. Your PIN will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
(English) Is my payment safe?
We only request and store the bare minimum of what we need to know to make this service work.
When you register your code, we only ask for your e-mail address and your first name. That’s all we need (and want) to know!
The same principle applies to payments:
None of your banking details are revealed: we only receive a notification that the payment was made.
All payments are made via premium payment providers with a solid reputation regarding privacy and user-friendliness:
With SOFORTBANKING (in Europe), your payment is made via your own trusted online banking interface, and handled by your bank.
PayPal accepts all credit cards—and you don’t even need to register with PayPal.Back to Index
Shipping-cost: €2,00 worldwide flat rate for shipping and handling. Period!
All orders are shipped by Standard mail, often on the same day.
To Europe: 2-3 working days
To the Americas: 5-10 working days
To Asia/Pacific: 5-10 working days